Kharazan Basic's

Go down

Kharazan Basic's

Post  Cenedra on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:26 am

Basic information you will need to start raiding:

1. Statistics:
Every member will be expected to be propperly equiped for their role in the raid therefore these COMPLETELY UNBUFFED statistics will be put into place for starting raiding.

Health Points(Melee): 8000
Health Points(Ranged/Healers): 7000

Tanks: 480+ Defence / 12000+ Armour / 11000 health
Healers: 1200+ Healing

I believe this to be a good starting point to raiding, these stats are not hard to accomplish when in decent blues. They are not strictly needed stats, but they are the targets people should be aiming for.

2. Suggested Items
It will be helpful for all raiders to carry some of the following items to every raid although it is not nessesary.

- Potions (mana/health)
- Buff items (ankhs/candles/powder etc)
- Elixers + Flasks (guardian/Battle)
- Food Buffs

This will buff your statistics making the dps higher, the tanking easier and the healing more efficient Wink making it more likely you will down a boss Razz

3. Alternative Set's
Warriors, druids, priests, shaman and paladins may have to switch rolls in later bosses, it might be required that you carry an alternative set of gear, of course this is optional but will need to be found in your spare time.
e.g. Fury or Arm's warriors / druids / paladins may need to tank a boss or trash and might require a tanking set.
e.g. Shadow priests / shaman may be asked to heal a boss or trash and might require a healing set.
Carrying an alternative set as a hybrid class may make you more likely to attend a raid.

Any issues about the above please let me know!

Cen.

Last edited by on Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:02 am; edited 4 times in total
Cenedra
Raiding Officer
Raiding Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kharazan Basic's

Post  Hadrian on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:28 am

Just to clarify something, do we take into account personal buffs like warlock fell armor or warrior's different stances (+3% crit in berserk stance...)?

Hadrian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cenedra on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:35 am

in terms of aura's and personal buffs turn it off. stances... post what you use.. fury warriors use beserker stance, so take the crit from there. druids that tank, use bear form stats, druids that heal, use tree of life form... etc...

did that answer the question Smile? good point i missed though Razz
Cenedra
Raiding Officer
Raiding Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thealis on Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:12 pm

As an additional note to all potential raiders:

It's a good idea to have an alternative set if you are a hybrid class, as it will give you a much more likely chance of getting into raids. I've had a tanking and a DPS set since i hit level 70, and have pretty much been taken on any instance run i asked to join, because i filled 2 of 3 roles. The more roles you can fill, the more likely it will be that you can join us.

These are the roles the classes can provide (DPS-R = Ranged Damage, DPS-M = Melee damage):

Quadrouple-Role Classes
Druid: Healer / Tank / DPS-R / DPS-M

Triple-Role Classes
Shaman: DPS-R / Healer / DPS-M (The class is biased towards magic-use, but enhancement can help)

Double-Role Classes
Paladin: Healer / Tank (Retri will never do good enough DPS to raid since it is based on burst damage)
Warrior: Tank / DPS-M (Fury is better for raiding since arms is based on burst damage)
Priest: Healer / DPS-R

Single-Role Classes
Hunter: DPS-R
Mage: DPS-R
Rogue: DPS-M
Warlock: DPS-R

The underlined roles represent Blizzard's intended main roles for the classes (As dictated on the class section of the WoW-Europe game guide), and non-underlined represents what else the class can do.
Each class has its own level of diversity, but classes that have less diversity are usually better at what they do (but not always). Your talent build only dictates what you are best at. Your gear dictates what you can actually do to contribute to the raid. Get the gear and you'll get to raid.
Thealis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down